We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new.
We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of pop songs.
We're looking for a technology-focused business analyst to be the link between the commercial and marketing side of the business, and our engineering team.
Being a business analyst at Ratio
This is a new role so being able to self-start, take ownership, learn and use initiative to drive our programmes forward is absolutely key. You’ll work from our studio, situated in the heart of Bournemouth’s business district. You'll define the business' requirements, work with stakeholders and actors to define solutions to those requirements, and then prioritise pieces of work into a coherent plan to be built, tested and released as quickly and efficiently as possible. You'll co-ordinate our little band to deliver a perfect symphony, like a seasoned conductor at the front of an orchestra. You'll obsessively build a detailed knowledge of our systems and processes, you'll passionately champion perfect journeys for our customers, and you'll fearlessly lead the business in twice daily standups, story sessions and through meticulously catalogued retros. Your Mondays won’t suck. Your Fridays will feel well-earned.
You’ll fit in really well if you...
- can hold team members accountable to milestones in a robust and constructive way, whilst being sensitive and compassionate in your approach;
- are bright, outgoing, intelligent and a great communicator with a track record of success in whatever it is you do;
- have experience of project planning, a strong commercial awareness and the ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- want to build things which are genuinely useful to end users, using contemporary technologies
- are meticulous, exacting, precise and care about delivering to a high standard;
- are curious about new technologies and pragmatic about getting things done;
- want to be part of a team who have a desire to learn and improve; and
- want to contribute to a strong engineering culture
- Regular socials
- Your birthday off
- Competitive Salary
- 08:00 - 16:00 working day
- Free cake, bacon, beer, gin, wine
- Collaborative working environment