We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new.
We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of pop songs.
We're looking for a project manager to work on taking a new project from conception to MVP.
Managing projects at Ratio
This is a new role so being able to self-start, take ownership, learn and use initiative to drive the programme forward is absolutely key. You’ll work from our studio, situated in the heart of Bournemouth’s business district. You’ll be the first member of a 3 or 4-person special projects team comprising of an engineer, project exec(s) and the CEO. You’ll work on evaluating the viability, cost and criteria for success of technical solutions to real life problems experienced by the tens of thousands of consumers who use our products each day. You'll put the project plan together, and track performance and delivery against that plan.
You'll fit in well if you...
- are bright, outgoing, intelligent and a great communicator with a track record of success in whatever it is you do;
- can hold team members accountable to milestones in a robust and constructive way, whilst being sensitive and compassionate in your approach;
- are meticulous, exacting, precise and care about delivering to a high standard;
- are curious about new technologies and pragmatic about getting things done;
- have experience of project planning, a strong commercial awareness and the ability to juggle multiple priorities; and
- have experience of agile, kanban, scrum and/or PRINCE methodologies would be a bonus too.
- Regular socials
- Your birthday off
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory pension
- 08:00 - 16:00 working day
- Free cake, bacon, beer, gin, wine
- Collaborative working environment
- MacBooks, monitors, quality chairs, and whatever else you need to get your job done